Cross country: Dunmow runners join the crusade
- Credit: Archant
RUNNERS on the Crusader Trail endured the high temperatures on Sunday to run eight miles from the Saracen’s Head Hotel in Great Dunmow.
They followed a circular route across the fields to Little Canfield, Bacon End and Pharisee Green before returning to Great Dunmow. The trail was organised by Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) and formed part of the club’s championship series of races.
The event attracted 65 competitors. First and second places went to Springfield Striders’ Gary Chandler and Nikki Brockbank, in 59mins 37secs and 1hr 7mins 18secs, respectively.
For GFDR, fastest was Ian Lawson, 6th overall, in 1hr 11mins. Dan Reynolds finished in 1hr 16mins, just 10 seconds ahead of Geoff Maidment.
Ian Baines in 1hr 20mins was followed by Gillian Robertson (1hr 23mins) accompanied by her husband Richard. Jules and Stuart Adams together with Andy Stevenson finished in 1hr 29 mins.
Pru Hayhow in 1hr 32mins finished 13 seconds faster than her husband Chris. Jason Wintin (1hr 33 mins) was followed by Jo and Rob Kings (1hr 34mins) who took their dog along for the run.
Ashwin Shah (1hr 36mins) was 15 seconds quicker than Angela Thorpe. Julia Fermor (1hr 37mins) was followed by Natalie Herbert and Sarah McLagan who ran together in 1hr 44mins.
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 4 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 7 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 8 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 9 Campaigners quiz council over its Wethersfield prisons letters
- 10 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
Sue Harrington (1hr 54mins) was followed by Gavin Foster (1hr 55mins), Lee Prowse (1hr 58mins) and Jeanette Hartley with Jane Pomfret (2hrs 3mins).
GFDR will be hosting the Essex Championship 10 km road race at Felsted on July 14.