Cross country: Dunmow runners battle bitter conditions in penultimate Mid-Essex Cross Country League race
- Credit: Archant
RUNNERS faced bitterly cold conditions on Sunday for the penultimate race of the season in the Mid-Essex Cross Country League.
The event was hosted by Springfield Striders at Highwood near Writtle, and the course took runners from seven local clubs through the woods and along deeply rutted, ankle-twisting tracks.
The home team dominated the men’s race, with Springfield Striders taking the first eight places.
For Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR), David Andrews was fastest, followed by Dan Reynolds, Geoff Maidment, David Spencer, Jason Wintin, Ian Baines, Ashwin Shah, Gavin Foster and Lee Prowse.
In the women’s race, GFDR’s Jane Smith finished in third position, followed by Kath Birks, Sue Harrington and Jeanette Hartley.
You may also want to watch:
With one race to go, GFDR’s ladies are in second position behind Leigh-on-Sea Striders. GFDR’s men are in third position behind Leigh-on-Sea Striders and Springfield Striders.
The final race will be hosted by Leigh-on-Sea Striders at Hadleigh on March 10.
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 6 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council