Crocus inflict first whitewash of the darts season
THE first whitewash of the season saw Crocus whip Waggon and Horses B in the Abington and District Ladies Darts League. Maggie Walsh set the Crocus on their way beating Danielle Banthorpe in straight legs. The longbow recorded a 5-2 home win against the C
THE first whitewash of the season saw Crocus whip Waggon and Horses B in the Abington and District Ladies Darts League.
Maggie Walsh set the Crocus on their way beating Danielle Banthorpe in straight legs.
The longbow recorded a 5-2 home win against the Cross Keys with Jackie Brock being the only singles winner for the visitors.
The White Lion played host to the Conservative Club and it went down to the final game of the night to decide the winners. Teresa Baker and Sue Wright for the White Lion beat Sandy and Lica Perry in the deciding leg to give the White Lion a 4 -3 win.
You may also want to watch:
At the Axe the visitors were the Waggon and Horses A. In a high standard encounter Karen Webb hit a 109 shot in for the home team and Lesley Ashton a 125 shot out for the Waggon, but it wasn't enough as the Axe won 4-3.
Final game of the week saw Ickleton Social Club at Castle Camps Cock. The visitors were up against it with only Beryl Harris getting a singles win for Ickleton as the Cock won 5-2.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford