Cricketers celebrate year
More than 90 people gathered at the Barn Theatre, Little Easton to celebrate Dunmow Cricket Club s 2007 season and recognise some outstanding achievements. Despite the fact that both senior teams were relegated at the end of the season, there were stories
More than 90 people gathered at the Barn Theatre, Little Easton to celebrate Dunmow Cricket Club's 2007 season and recognise some outstanding achievements.
Despite the fact that both senior teams were relegated at the end of the season, there were stories, performances and "what might have beens" to share aplenty.
Organised by first team vice captain Chris Barker and supported by players, parents of junior players and other people associated with the club, the evening was a total success.
First team Player of the Year was won by Luke Swanston with Steve Hamlin taking the second team award. Andrew Hood was given the award for the third team, while Sunday Player of the Year was Graham Sneath.
Andrew Hood was awarded the Batting Cup, with Matt Gibson taking the Bowling Cup.
The Cambridge Cup in memory of Kevin Molloy, for the most outstanding performance of the season was won by Nick Down. Nick made a battling 80 not out to win the league game at home to Haverhill.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 9 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
No to be out done, Josh Down won the most promising young player award, with Mark Sykes being given the Clubman of the Year trophy.