Cricketers celebrate year
More than 90 people gathered at the Barn Theatre, Little Easton to celebrate Dunmow Cricket Club s 2007 season and recognise some outstanding achievements. Despite the fact that both senior teams were relegated at the end of the season, there were stories
More than 90 people gathered at the Barn Theatre, Little Easton to celebrate Dunmow Cricket Club's 2007 season and recognise some outstanding achievements.
Despite the fact that both senior teams were relegated at the end of the season, there were stories, performances and "what might have beens" to share aplenty.
Organised by first team vice captain Chris Barker and supported by players, parents of junior players and other people associated with the club, the evening was a total success.
First team Player of the Year was won by Luke Swanston with Steve Hamlin taking the second team award. Andrew Hood was given the award for the third team, while Sunday Player of the Year was Graham Sneath.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Hood was awarded the Batting Cup, with Matt Gibson taking the Bowling Cup.
The Cambridge Cup in memory of Kevin Molloy, for the most outstanding performance of the season was won by Nick Down. Nick made a battling 80 not out to win the league game at home to Haverhill.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
No to be out done, Josh Down won the most promising young player award, with Mark Sykes being given the Clubman of the Year trophy.