Cricket: High Roding lose out again in defeat at Great Baddow
- Credit: Archant
It was very much the same old story as High Roding travelled to Great Baddow and came away with yet another defeat.
As in previous weeks the openers got off to a terrific start. Adam Holdgate notched a quick-fire 46 and Mel Hussain 77no, when the rain interrupted the innings on 167-5 off 36 overs.
It was looking good for a sizeable total to defend but the innings was closed, and Great Baddow had 36 overs to score 168.
This they did with great aplomb scoring the required runs with the loss of just two wickets.
This latest defeat – Roding’s third in a row – leaves the team fourth from the bottom with just 40 points from four games.
Roding are at home to Bentley – who were last year’s champions but as yet have not scored a victory this season – on Saturday.
- 1 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 3 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
- 4 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 5 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Dunmow Special and Braintree PCSO among award winners
- 9 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
- 10 There With You This Winter: New scheme for insulation improvements