Cricket: High Roding lose out again in defeat at Great Baddow
- Credit: Archant
It was very much the same old story as High Roding travelled to Great Baddow and came away with yet another defeat.
As in previous weeks the openers got off to a terrific start. Adam Holdgate notched a quick-fire 46 and Mel Hussain 77no, when the rain interrupted the innings on 167-5 off 36 overs.
It was looking good for a sizeable total to defend but the innings was closed, and Great Baddow had 36 overs to score 168.
This they did with great aplomb scoring the required runs with the loss of just two wickets.
This latest defeat – Roding’s third in a row – leaves the team fourth from the bottom with just 40 points from four games.
You may also want to watch:
Roding are at home to Bentley – who were last year’s champions but as yet have not scored a victory this season – on Saturday.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert