Cricket: High Roding hold off Eastwood
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
High Roding claimed their first win of the T-Rippon Mid-Essex League Division Two season at Eastwood.
Travelling with a stronger squad, they were put into bat on a green pitch and saw debutant Steve Molloy (68) put on 125 with captain Andy Duke (53).
Mark Gilfren (34) also contributed in a fine start for the visitors, but Eastwood’s attack hit back and Roding were dismissed for 197.
The home side’s top five all made starts in reply, but wickets fell at regular intervals throughout the Eastwood innings.
Mark Gallop (3-32) bowled a fine spell, before Freddie Burns (4-26) and Rory Burns (3-27) combined to devastating effect to clinch a 21-run victory.
You may also want to watch:
Roding are set to welcome Little Waltham to The Meadow on Saturday.
The seconds had only nine players to face Bishop’s Stortford and saw their game abandoned due to injury and are set to travel to Bengeo this weekend.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees