Cricket: High Roding hold off Eastwood
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
High Roding claimed their first win of the T-Rippon Mid-Essex League Division Two season at Eastwood.
Travelling with a stronger squad, they were put into bat on a green pitch and saw debutant Steve Molloy (68) put on 125 with captain Andy Duke (53).
Mark Gilfren (34) also contributed in a fine start for the visitors, but Eastwood’s attack hit back and Roding were dismissed for 197.
The home side’s top five all made starts in reply, but wickets fell at regular intervals throughout the Eastwood innings.
Mark Gallop (3-32) bowled a fine spell, before Freddie Burns (4-26) and Rory Burns (3-27) combined to devastating effect to clinch a 21-run victory.
You may also want to watch:
Roding are set to welcome Little Waltham to The Meadow on Saturday.
The seconds had only nine players to face Bishop’s Stortford and saw their game abandoned due to injury and are set to travel to Bengeo this weekend.
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 3 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Minibuses are transporting residents to Covid jab appointments