Cricket: High Roding 1st and 2nd teams lose out in dismal weekend for club
- Credit: Archant
It was another dismal weekend for High Roding as the first team lost again, this time at home, and the second team suffered their third defeat of the season.
The 1st XI took on Old Chelmsfordians at The Meadow, and apart from Mark Gallop taking 3-30 Old Chelmsfordians managed to score 218-8 off their allocated 45 overs.
High Roding started well again for the third week running, and had scored 115-3 when the wickets started to tumble. Mel Hussain scored 28 and Orban Holdaget 39. Roding finished their innings on 180-9, and again were disappointed for the second week running.
Roding, now in mid-table, travel to Great Baddow on Saturday.
Meanwhile, the 2nd XI were unlucky to fail for the third week running, this time away to Little Hallingbury. On a minefield of a pitch, Roding were all out for 148. Captain Richard Pilcher scored 35 and Tom Shrager 70 were the key scorers, with Adrian Pask registering 16no.
You may also want to watch:
In reply Little Hallingbury scored 151-9. Jamie Smart took 2-23, Pilcher 4-43 and Shrager 2-37, as Roding lost by one wicket.
Roding 2s entertain Ilford Catholics at The Meadow on Saturday.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?