Cricket: High Roding 1st and 2nd teams lose out in dismal weekend for club
- Credit: Archant
It was another dismal weekend for High Roding as the first team lost again, this time at home, and the second team suffered their third defeat of the season.
The 1st XI took on Old Chelmsfordians at The Meadow, and apart from Mark Gallop taking 3-30 Old Chelmsfordians managed to score 218-8 off their allocated 45 overs.
High Roding started well again for the third week running, and had scored 115-3 when the wickets started to tumble. Mel Hussain scored 28 and Orban Holdaget 39. Roding finished their innings on 180-9, and again were disappointed for the second week running.
Roding, now in mid-table, travel to Great Baddow on Saturday.
Meanwhile, the 2nd XI were unlucky to fail for the third week running, this time away to Little Hallingbury. On a minefield of a pitch, Roding were all out for 148. Captain Richard Pilcher scored 35 and Tom Shrager 70 were the key scorers, with Adrian Pask registering 16no.
You may also want to watch:
In reply Little Hallingbury scored 151-9. Jamie Smart took 2-23, Pilcher 4-43 and Shrager 2-37, as Roding lost by one wicket.
Roding 2s entertain Ilford Catholics at The Meadow on Saturday.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 9 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash