Cricket: Dunmow defeated by Abberton
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Dunmow slumped to a crushing defeat against Abberton in their latest outing at St Edmunds Lane.
Luke Swanston put the visitors into bat but saw Trussler (94) and Savill (60*) lead Abberton to 258-6.
Wickets were shared by George Gallant (2-62), Joe Gallant (1-17), Josh Rix (1-35) and Baz Sewell (1-60) and Dunmow’s openers put on 82 in 15 overs in reply.
Joe Gallant (31) was then stumped and wickets tumbled at regular intervals, with four falling in four balls as Terry dismissed Rix and Savill claimed the scalps of George Gallant, McLaughlin and Pascoe for a hat-trick with the score on 156.
Gibson and Sewell tried to secure another batting point, but came up one run short as Dunmow were dismissed for 174 and Terry (5-53) and Savill (5-67) shared the wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Dunmow travel to Bury St Edmunds next weekend.
The seconds lost by 13 runs against Bardwell in their Division Eight clash.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 8 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault