Cricket: Dunmow defeated by Abberton
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Dunmow slumped to a crushing defeat against Abberton in their latest outing at St Edmunds Lane.
Luke Swanston put the visitors into bat but saw Trussler (94) and Savill (60*) lead Abberton to 258-6.
Wickets were shared by George Gallant (2-62), Joe Gallant (1-17), Josh Rix (1-35) and Baz Sewell (1-60) and Dunmow’s openers put on 82 in 15 overs in reply.
Joe Gallant (31) was then stumped and wickets tumbled at regular intervals, with four falling in four balls as Terry dismissed Rix and Savill claimed the scalps of George Gallant, McLaughlin and Pascoe for a hat-trick with the score on 156.
Gibson and Sewell tried to secure another batting point, but came up one run short as Dunmow were dismissed for 174 and Terry (5-53) and Savill (5-67) shared the wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Dunmow travel to Bury St Edmunds next weekend.
The seconds lost by 13 runs against Bardwell in their Division Eight clash.
- 1 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 2 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 3 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 4 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan