Cricket clubs warned about phone pranksters
- Credit: Archant
It seems Dunmow CC will have to keep an eye on who is calling them ahead of matches for the remainder of the season.
Elsewhere in the Marshall Hatchick Two Counties Cricket Championship a prank phone call has caused a fixture to be postponed.
A message posted on the official league website yesterday (Tuesday) read: “It would appear that there is someone out there with a rather sick sense of humour.
“Someone phoned Abberton CC to say that Ipswich CC would have to concede their Division C match on Sunday, which was not the case.
“As a result of this event, the result of the match has been removed from the records, as the clubs may try and sort out another date to play this match on.
You may also want to watch:
“Our advise to anyone who receives such calls from “withheld numbers”, is to ask for a name and then to call back the clubs’ Championship representative to obtain confirmation.”
Dunmow are in Division Two action on Saturday against Easton.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 7 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash