Cricket clubs warned about phone pranksters
- Credit: Archant
It seems Dunmow CC will have to keep an eye on who is calling them ahead of matches for the remainder of the season.
Elsewhere in the Marshall Hatchick Two Counties Cricket Championship a prank phone call has caused a fixture to be postponed.
A message posted on the official league website yesterday (Tuesday) read: “It would appear that there is someone out there with a rather sick sense of humour.
“Someone phoned Abberton CC to say that Ipswich CC would have to concede their Division C match on Sunday, which was not the case.
“As a result of this event, the result of the match has been removed from the records, as the clubs may try and sort out another date to play this match on.
You may also want to watch:
“Our advise to anyone who receives such calls from “withheld numbers”, is to ask for a name and then to call back the clubs’ Championship representative to obtain confirmation.”
Dunmow are in Division Two action on Saturday against Easton.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 6 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 New cycle network consultation announced
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 Summer art competition for children launched by school