Cricket: Aythorpe Roding find right answers
- Credit: Archant
Aythorpe Roding claimed their first win of the T-Rippon Mid-Essex League Premier Division season with a good display against Rettendon.
Jack Stevens (19) and Shawn Hopkinson (54) put on 46 for the first wicket, before they slipped to 56-3.
Paul Gravatt (43) added 80 with Hopkinson, before Andy Clarke hit an unbeaten 65.
Rob Hyams (19) also made a start as Aythorpe closed on 246-7, which proved more than enough.
Graham Milbank (4-50) and Joel Barnett (3-36) caused plenty of problems for the Rettendon batsmen, with Clarke (1-28) and Danny Elsworth (2-29) also bowling good spells to help secure an 82-run victory.
You may also want to watch:
Aythorpe face a tough trip to three-time champions Bentley this weekend, with a 1pm start on Saturday.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 6 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 New cycle network consultation announced
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 Summer art competition for children launched by school