Cricket: Aythorpe complete season with 48-run win over Great Baddow
- Credit: Archant
AYTHORPE Roding completed their season with a 48-run win over Great Baddow on Saturday as they finished in 4th place in the league.
Batting first, Aythorpe lost three early wickets with Richard Eaton (9), Steve Chambers (13) and Paul Gravatt (0) all back in the pavilion early.
Liam Keaney and Graham Milbank came to the rescue with a 90-run partnership in 14 overs. Keaney hit 73, including three 6s and nine 4s, and Milbank scored 44.
Sam Gravatt (34) and Ian Bryant (35) kept the runs flowing as Aythorpe reached 245 all out in 44.3overs.
Simmons claimed 6-43 in 11 overs for Baddow, with Evans-Gyleen (2-60), Nuttall and Wilson (one wicket each) chipping in.
You may also want to watch:
With the bat, Baddow’s Gunalan hit 78 and others scoring well but the 197 all out in 33.3 overs was not enough as Aythorpe run out clear winners.
Milbank claimed 3-11 in 3.4 overs, Joe Grant 2-23 in 7 overs, Keaney 2-44 in 6 overs, and there was one wicket each for Neil Culleton, Bryant and Mark Downer.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 10 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases