Cricket: Aythorpe complete season with 48-run win over Great Baddow
- Credit: Archant
AYTHORPE Roding completed their season with a 48-run win over Great Baddow on Saturday as they finished in 4th place in the league.
Batting first, Aythorpe lost three early wickets with Richard Eaton (9), Steve Chambers (13) and Paul Gravatt (0) all back in the pavilion early.
Liam Keaney and Graham Milbank came to the rescue with a 90-run partnership in 14 overs. Keaney hit 73, including three 6s and nine 4s, and Milbank scored 44.
Sam Gravatt (34) and Ian Bryant (35) kept the runs flowing as Aythorpe reached 245 all out in 44.3overs.
Simmons claimed 6-43 in 11 overs for Baddow, with Evans-Gyleen (2-60), Nuttall and Wilson (one wicket each) chipping in.
You may also want to watch:
With the bat, Baddow’s Gunalan hit 78 and others scoring well but the 197 all out in 33.3 overs was not enough as Aythorpe run out clear winners.
Milbank claimed 3-11 in 3.4 overs, Joe Grant 2-23 in 7 overs, Keaney 2-44 in 6 overs, and there was one wicket each for Neil Culleton, Bryant and Mark Downer.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner