Netball: Dunmow Crests Whites book cup final date
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Crests Whites booked a place in the final of the Nicky Clark Cup with a 50-43 win over Westlands B.
Play swung from end to end in the first half, with both teams converting from their centre passes and very few turnovers created.
Westlands marked very tightly, but the Crests shooters worked hard to create space to receive passes.
At the other end, the Crests defenders battled hard against an extremely tall goalshooter and strong attackers.
And Whites chipped away at their opponents, passing well and playing their own game to edge ahead in the third quarter.
You may also want to watch:
The Dunmow squad showed determination not to let their lead slip and progressed to the final, where they will meet Saffron Hawks 2 in May.
Player of the match honours went to goal attack Charlotte Rosewell, who played exceptionally well around the circle and took most of the chances presented to her.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 6 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 7 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 8 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge