Netball: Dunmow Crests Whites book cup final date
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Crests Whites booked a place in the final of the Nicky Clark Cup with a 50-43 win over Westlands B.
Play swung from end to end in the first half, with both teams converting from their centre passes and very few turnovers created.
Westlands marked very tightly, but the Crests shooters worked hard to create space to receive passes.
At the other end, the Crests defenders battled hard against an extremely tall goalshooter and strong attackers.
And Whites chipped away at their opponents, passing well and playing their own game to edge ahead in the third quarter.
You may also want to watch:
The Dunmow squad showed determination not to let their lead slip and progressed to the final, where they will meet Saffron Hawks 2 in May.
Player of the match honours went to goal attack Charlotte Rosewell, who played exceptionally well around the circle and took most of the chances presented to her.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome