Crests Blue battle conditions and Wrens
- Credit: Archant
Hampered once again by icy conditions, Dunmow Crests saw three out of their four matches cancelled this week due to the weather.
Crests Blue battled the freezing temperatures in a match against Chelmsford Wrens.
For the first time this season Crests started the match with their usual team players, with captain Claire Smith returning from injury which has kept her out all season.
It was a fast paced game with strong passing and movement up the court and excellent defensive play again from player of the match Nikki Munson and Amber Miles.
Solid shooting and good movement around centre court, helped crests get back to their winning ways.
You may also want to watch:
The match finished 38-10 to Crests Blue.
Crests Yellows got off to a good start, leading 5-4 after the first quarter in their match against HPSS.
- 1 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 2 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 Stansted author to release second novel
- 5 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
However, it was deemed too slippery to continue and so the match will now be rearranged.