Crests Blue battle conditions and Wrens
- Credit: Archant
Hampered once again by icy conditions, Dunmow Crests saw three out of their four matches cancelled this week due to the weather.
Crests Blue battled the freezing temperatures in a match against Chelmsford Wrens.
For the first time this season Crests started the match with their usual team players, with captain Claire Smith returning from injury which has kept her out all season.
It was a fast paced game with strong passing and movement up the court and excellent defensive play again from player of the match Nikki Munson and Amber Miles.
Solid shooting and good movement around centre court, helped crests get back to their winning ways.
The match finished 38-10 to Crests Blue.
Crests Yellows got off to a good start, leading 5-4 after the first quarter in their match against HPSS.
- 1 Fears that Covid may cause Essex hospital staffing to get ‘very difficult’
- 2 Dinosaur park decision made
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Cyclist dies after collision near The Notleys
- 5 Protesters call on Kemi Badenoch MP to oppose controversial crime bill
- 6 Memories are made of this for Bob as Barnston and High Roding meet at last
- 7 How Malcolm's work is having an impact in Uttlesford
- 8 Campaigners quiz council over its Wethersfield prisons letters
- 9 Dunmow mayor's 2021 review and plans for 2022
- 10 Tree collection is a fundraising success for St Clare hospice
However, it was deemed too slippery to continue and so the match will now be rearranged.