County qualifier success for Dunmow Atlantis
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis were well represented at the recent county qualifier meet, hosted by Hoddesdon SC at The Venue, Borehamwood, with more than 20 swimmers taking part.
The two-day event saw a flurry of medals, personal bests and Essex County qualifying times from the squad as they competed against not only a strong home club, but also Cheshunt and Hatfield, amongst others.
The medal haul totalled 44, with five gold, 21 silver and 18 bronze.
There were 57 personal bests, 13 new and 24 improved Essex qualifying times, plus a new club record for 11-year-old Amy-Rose Ansell, with a superb performance in the girl’s 50m fly.
Two swimmers, 10-year-old Toby Raynor and 13-year-old Amelie Jones, gained their first Essex County times, enabling them to compete in next year’s sprint events held at the London Aquatic Centre.
So far, DASC has 39 Essex qualifiers for the 2016 competition, with 255 swims between them – and the number keeps growing.
Visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk for more information on the club.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 3 Pets' Corner news: Winter Walkies for St Clare
- 4 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 5 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 6 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 7 Sunday's event for the 100 year anniversary of village hall
- 8 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 Fears that Covid may cause Essex hospital staffing to get ‘very difficult’