County qualifier success for Dunmow Atlantis
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis were well represented at the recent county qualifier meet, hosted by Hoddesdon SC at The Venue, Borehamwood, with more than 20 swimmers taking part.
The two-day event saw a flurry of medals, personal bests and Essex County qualifying times from the squad as they competed against not only a strong home club, but also Cheshunt and Hatfield, amongst others.
The medal haul totalled 44, with five gold, 21 silver and 18 bronze.
There were 57 personal bests, 13 new and 24 improved Essex qualifying times, plus a new club record for 11-year-old Amy-Rose Ansell, with a superb performance in the girl’s 50m fly.
Two swimmers, 10-year-old Toby Raynor and 13-year-old Amelie Jones, gained their first Essex County times, enabling them to compete in next year’s sprint events held at the London Aquatic Centre.
You may also want to watch:
So far, DASC has 39 Essex qualifiers for the 2016 competition, with 255 swims between them – and the number keeps growing.
Visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk for more information on the club.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge