Dunmow 5 Marconi 0 Dunmow continued their strong run of results with a third successive victory that moved them to fourth spot in the league. Both sides had early chances before Angus Burns coolly flicked the ball over the keeper to open the scori
Dunmow 5 Marconi 0
Dunmow continued their strong run of results with a third successive victory that moved them to fourth spot in the league.
Both sides had early chances before Angus Burns coolly flicked the ball over the keeper to open the scoring. Shortly before half-time Rich Sullivan doubled the tally from the top of the circle.
Dunmow lacked their usual fluidity and often found themselves guilty of not releasing the ball quickly enough and a lack of width. However, the quality was evident and allowed them to sustain pressure throughout the second half.
Charlie Fillingham bagged a brace of goals as Dunmow maintained their pressure and ended up comfortable winners.
Braintree III 3 Dunmow II 7
- 1 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 2 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 3 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 4 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 5 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 6 Memories are made of this for Bob as Barnston and High Roding meet at last
- 7 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 8 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 9 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
Dunmow made it three consecutive wins after coming out on top in a goal-fest against local rivals Braintree.
Taylor put Dunmow two up early on with a couple of close range strikes, before captain Farr converted a short-corner.
Fillingham Jnr then jabbed home after the keeper parried a shot from Owers, but Braintree wpulled one back before half-time.
The home side scored again early in the second half, but as Braintree pressed, Dunmow's speed on the counter attack proved too much with Farr weighing in with another two goals for his hat-trick.
Although Braintree got a consolation Chatt capped a fine performance for the visitors with a well placed s hot.