Dunmow 5 Marconi 0 Dunmow continued their strong run of results with a third successive victory that moved them to fourth spot in the league. Both sides had early chances before Angus Burns coolly flicked the ball over the keeper to open the scori
Dunmow 5 Marconi 0
Dunmow continued their strong run of results with a third successive victory that moved them to fourth spot in the league.
Both sides had early chances before Angus Burns coolly flicked the ball over the keeper to open the scoring. Shortly before half-time Rich Sullivan doubled the tally from the top of the circle.
Dunmow lacked their usual fluidity and often found themselves guilty of not releasing the ball quickly enough and a lack of width. However, the quality was evident and allowed them to sustain pressure throughout the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Fillingham bagged a brace of goals as Dunmow maintained their pressure and ended up comfortable winners.
Braintree III 3 Dunmow II 7
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
Dunmow made it three consecutive wins after coming out on top in a goal-fest against local rivals Braintree.
Taylor put Dunmow two up early on with a couple of close range strikes, before captain Farr converted a short-corner.
Fillingham Jnr then jabbed home after the keeper parried a shot from Owers, but Braintree wpulled one back before half-time.
The home side scored again early in the second half, but as Braintree pressed, Dunmow's speed on the counter attack proved too much with Farr weighing in with another two goals for his hat-trick.
Although Braintree got a consolation Chatt capped a fine performance for the visitors with a well placed s hot.