Commonwealth Games: Rogers up for Delhi challenge
HOCKEY star Chloe Rogers is setting off for the commonwealth games this week in Delhi, India, and has admitted to feeling nervous about the conditions she might find at the much-talked about athletes village.
The former Helena Romanes School pupils from Dunmow is taking part in the international hockey tournament with England and will be hoping for more success following a third place finish in the world cup two weeks ago.
Speaking to the Broadcast before her flight on this Sunday evening she said: “It will be my first time to Delhi but they love hockey out in India so it should be well supported and the India Womens’ Hockey team have won silver and gold at the last two commonwealth games so they will be aiming high.
“We travel out on Sunday evening to the village, the men’s team have already left so we will hear from them what it is like.
“We have other Team England people who are feeding back information to us all the time and so far they have said that our block where the hockey teams are staying look ok and just need a clean but should be fine and the food hall in the village is superb.
You may also want to watch:
“The hockey competition venue hosted the Men’s World Cup in February so that is all in top condition and has hosted big event already so no problems there.
“It should be a great experience and as athletes we usually go to some crazy places and we just have to get on with performing on the hockey pitch and hopefully get a gold medal.”
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
The Dunmow Broadcast will be covering Chloe’s matches as England look for success over the next two weeks.