Comeback earns Takeley a point at Stansted
- Credit: Archant
Takeley FC recovered from 3-0 down to draw away at derby rivals Stansted on Saturday to stretch their unbeaten run to seven games.
Having gone into the Essex Senior League game after an enforced two-week break, Marc Das’ side started the encounter at Hargrave Park slowly.
They trailed 3-0 by the 15th minute after goals for Jordan Wescott, Luke Meadwright and Jack Hayes.
Takeley striker Charlie Cole pulled one back on the stroke of half-time to give his side some hope.
Just five minutes after the break Cole netted again making the score 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Takeley cleared a Stansted effort off the line and then in the closing stages Jason Todd converted to complete the comeback and earn the Station Road side a point.
On Saturday Takeley travel to the Old Spotted Dog Stadium to face Clapton.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 7 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 8 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 9 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
Takeley’s last game of 2016 will be on Wednesday, December 21 as they face Haringey & Waltham in the second round of the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy.