Comeback earns Takeley a point at Stansted
- Credit: Archant
Takeley FC recovered from 3-0 down to draw away at derby rivals Stansted on Saturday to stretch their unbeaten run to seven games.
Having gone into the Essex Senior League game after an enforced two-week break, Marc Das’ side started the encounter at Hargrave Park slowly.
They trailed 3-0 by the 15th minute after goals for Jordan Wescott, Luke Meadwright and Jack Hayes.
Takeley striker Charlie Cole pulled one back on the stroke of half-time to give his side some hope.
Just five minutes after the break Cole netted again making the score 3-2.
Takeley cleared a Stansted effort off the line and then in the closing stages Jason Todd converted to complete the comeback and earn the Station Road side a point.
On Saturday Takeley travel to the Old Spotted Dog Stadium to face Clapton.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 8 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 9 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
Takeley’s last game of 2016 will be on Wednesday, December 21 as they face Haringey & Waltham in the second round of the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy.