Comeback earns Takeley a point at Stansted
- Credit: Archant
Takeley FC recovered from 3-0 down to draw away at derby rivals Stansted on Saturday to stretch their unbeaten run to seven games.
Having gone into the Essex Senior League game after an enforced two-week break, Marc Das’ side started the encounter at Hargrave Park slowly.
They trailed 3-0 by the 15th minute after goals for Jordan Wescott, Luke Meadwright and Jack Hayes.
Takeley striker Charlie Cole pulled one back on the stroke of half-time to give his side some hope.
Just five minutes after the break Cole netted again making the score 3-2.
Takeley cleared a Stansted effort off the line and then in the closing stages Jason Todd converted to complete the comeback and earn the Station Road side a point.
On Saturday Takeley travel to the Old Spotted Dog Stadium to face Clapton.
- 1 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 3 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
- 4 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 5 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Dunmow Special and Braintree PCSO among award winners
- 9 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
- 10 There With You This Winter: New scheme for insulation improvements
Takeley’s last game of 2016 will be on Wednesday, December 21 as they face Haringey & Waltham in the second round of the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy.