Comeback earns Takeley a point at Stansted
- Credit: Archant
Takeley FC recovered from 3-0 down to draw away at derby rivals Stansted on Saturday to stretch their unbeaten run to seven games.
Having gone into the Essex Senior League game after an enforced two-week break, Marc Das’ side started the encounter at Hargrave Park slowly.
They trailed 3-0 by the 15th minute after goals for Jordan Wescott, Luke Meadwright and Jack Hayes.
Takeley striker Charlie Cole pulled one back on the stroke of half-time to give his side some hope.
Just five minutes after the break Cole netted again making the score 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Takeley cleared a Stansted effort off the line and then in the closing stages Jason Todd converted to complete the comeback and earn the Station Road side a point.
On Saturday Takeley travel to the Old Spotted Dog Stadium to face Clapton.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
Takeley’s last game of 2016 will be on Wednesday, December 21 as they face Haringey & Waltham in the second round of the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy.