Club gears up for speed race
The Dunmow Motorcycle Club are holding their only speed event of the season on Sunday when Grass Track Racing takes place at Ugley Hall Farm, Ugley, with the Ken Marshall Memorial meeting. Practice gets under way at midday with a 46 race programme starti
The Dunmow Motorcycle Club are holding their only speed event of the season on Sunday when Grass Track Racing takes place at Ugley Hall Farm, Ugley, with the Ken Marshall Memorial meeting.
Practice gets under way at midday with a 46 race programme starting at 1.30pm. The event is being held at the famous Ugley Bowl which is renowned for good close racing and provides spectacular viewing for the public.
The event is the second round of the Eastern Centre Championships and will include classes for 250cc, 350cc, 500cc and two valve solo together with 500cc, 1000cc left hand and 1000cc right hand sidecars. Two youth classes are also included in the programme.
The 250cc solo sees ex British Champions Adam Shipp (Diss) and Dave Knowles (York) clash on a track that Shipp defies any rider to get the better of him.
In the 350cc Richard Smith (Ipswich) comes back from injury to face Dave Mears (Canterbury) and Matt Etherington who has just had a year out through injury himself, also in the class is the up and coming Michael Faulkner (Spilsby).
They also contest the 500cc event where they come up against Steven Green (Halstead ).
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 8 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Chelmsford: Safety improvements planned at roundabout after Thaxted man dies
Admission is £8 for adults, £6 for OAP's and £1 children, race programmes are £1 and car parking is free.