Close finish for Dunmow’s Shah and McKenna in Stortford 10 mile race
- Credit: Archant
Hot conditions greeted the 156 competitors in Bishop’s Stortford Running Club’s 10-mile race on Sunday.
The undulating route was mainly off road, following farm tracks and footpaths to the north of the town. The event was a club championship race for Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR).
The race was won by Jared Bethell of Harlow Running Club in 1hr 2mins 6secs.
For GFDR, Ashwin Shah finishing in 12th position in 1hr 11mins 10secs was fastest, beating team mate Paul McKenna by just two seconds.
Dan Reynolds in 1hr 14mins 57secs was third for the club.
You may also want to watch:
GFDR’s fastest female was Claudine Davie (1hr 21mins 16secs), just ahead of Ian Baines (1hr 21mins 48secs) and John Smith (1hr 22smins 43secs).
Lee Prowse (1hr 27mins 13secs) was followed by Hayley Smith (1hr 29mins 24secs), James Hawkes (1hr 30mins 16secs), Charlotte King (1hr 35mins 19secs) and Gavin Foster (1hr 42mins 28secs).
- 1 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 2 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 7 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 8 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 9 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 10 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
GFDR will be holding a 10km road race at Felsted on July 13.
• Meanwhile, Simon Singleton and Jo Bisset-Smith took part in the Round Mersea Island half marathon on Sunday. Singleton completed the course in 1hr 52mins, and Bisset-Smith a minute later.