Clarke shows he’s Andy with bat
FIELDING most of the side that won the T Rippon Premier League, Aythorpe Roding put in an impressive performance to defeat Hockerill by 180 runs on Saturday in a friendly clash. Aythorpe, batting first, reached 337-8 in 45 overs. Opening batsman Paul Gra
FIELDING most of the side that won the T Rippon Premier League, Aythorpe Roding put in an impressive performance to defeat Hockerill by 180 runs on Saturday in a friendly clash.
Aythorpe, batting first, reached 337-8 in 45 overs. Opening batsman Paul Gravatt (68) and Terry Charrington (33), put on 82 runs for the first wicket in 13 overs.
Decent totals also came from Joe Grant (17), Graham Milbank (34), and Neil Culleton (27 no).
However, highlight of Aythorpe's innings was Andy Clarke who hit a fine century.
You may also want to watch:
The Hockerill batsman put in a useful batting performance, but needing nearly eight runs an over. the total proved too much to chase.
M Hudson (27), B Francis (18), T Brady (23), A Challis (19), P Francis (20 no), O Foster (12) and S layer (12) all scored well, but Hockerill were skittled out for 157.
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
Aythorpe's wickets were shared around with Liam Rosewell, Andy Clarke and Joe Grant taking
two each, while Matt Reeve, Graham Milbank, Terry Charrington and Dave Bardell all took a wicket apiece.
Roding visit Dunmow on Saturday and Stebbing on Sunday, 1pm starts.