Clarke shows he’s Andy with bat
FIELDING most of the side that won the T Rippon Premier League, Aythorpe Roding put in an impressive performance to defeat Hockerill by 180 runs on Saturday in a friendly clash. Aythorpe, batting first, reached 337-8 in 45 overs. Opening batsman Paul Gra
FIELDING most of the side that won the T Rippon Premier League, Aythorpe Roding put in an impressive performance to defeat Hockerill by 180 runs on Saturday in a friendly clash.
Aythorpe, batting first, reached 337-8 in 45 overs. Opening batsman Paul Gravatt (68) and Terry Charrington (33), put on 82 runs for the first wicket in 13 overs.
Decent totals also came from Joe Grant (17), Graham Milbank (34), and Neil Culleton (27 no).
However, highlight of Aythorpe's innings was Andy Clarke who hit a fine century.
The Hockerill batsman put in a useful batting performance, but needing nearly eight runs an over. the total proved too much to chase.
M Hudson (27), B Francis (18), T Brady (23), A Challis (19), P Francis (20 no), O Foster (12) and S layer (12) all scored well, but Hockerill were skittled out for 157.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 8 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 9 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 10 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
Aythorpe's wickets were shared around with Liam Rosewell, Andy Clarke and Joe Grant taking
two each, while Matt Reeve, Graham Milbank, Terry Charrington and Dave Bardell all took a wicket apiece.
Roding visit Dunmow on Saturday and Stebbing on Sunday, 1pm starts.