Clarke fires Aythorpe to away victory
Aythorpe Roding kept up their good form in the Mid-Essex Premier Division with a convincing five wicket victory away at Galleywood on Saturday. Openers P Marlow (18) and A Stallard (70), got the hosts off to a reasonable start, but once Marlow was dismi
Aythorpe Roding kept up their good form in the Mid-Essex Premier Division with a convincing five wicket
victory away at Galleywood on Saturday.
Openers P Marlow (18) and A Stallard (70), got the hosts off to a reasonable start, but once Marlow
was dismissed, wickets fell very quickly.
You may also want to watch:
Only G Taylor (18 no), put in a good performance as Galleywood finished on
159-8 in 44 overs.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
Taking the wickets for Aythorpe was Graham
Milbank (3-4 in 10 overs), Joe Grant (2-39 in 10 overs) with Terry Charrington and Neil Culleton taking a wicket apiece.
In reply Aythorpe found themselves on 117-5 with Paul Gravatt (17), Mark Rosewell (38), Milbank (10), Culleton (4) and Steve Reynolds (0) all back in the pavilion.
However, Andy Clarke came to the rescue with an unbeaten 63. He found good support from Dave Anderson (11 no) as the pair put on a 43 run in eight overs to see Aythorpe home by five wickets, ending on 160-5 in 34.3 overs.
Aythorpe entertain Ekco Monarchs & Trojans on Saturday, 1.30pm start.
Aythorpe Roding seconds dominated their division ten match at home to Ekco Monarchs & Trojans fourths, winning by 152 runs.
Batting first, Aythorpe had all seven batsmen scoring well with James Reynolds (37), Dave Brierly (14), and Sean Darby (38) getting the hosts off to a great start.
WIll Farr (52) and Nick Cooper (51), put on 100 runs for the fourth wicket in 14 overs, while Humphries (20) and Elliot Reeve (19) helped Aythorpe to 252-7 in 45 overs.
The highlight of the Ekco inning was middle order batsmen Carey who hit 50, as his side was skittled out for 100, in 31.3 overs.
Matt Reeve took 4-26 in nine overs, Darby 4-29 in 8.3 overs with Keith Hockley and Nick Copper both chipping in with a wicket.
The seconds visit Old Chelmsfordians thirds on Saturday, 1.30pm start.