Clark weighs in with first place
The second match in Saffron Walden Angling Club s Countrystore League got under way at the usually prolific Clavering Lakes last Wednesday. A warm evening with little or no breeze and a heavy atmosphere did not provide the best conditions for either fish
The second match in Saffron Walden Angling Club's Countrystore League got under way at the usually prolific Clavering Lakes last Wednesday.
A warm evening with little or no breeze and a heavy atmosphere did not provide the best conditions for either fish or angler, and it was the weather that added a twist at the end.
Most anglers attacked the margin area of the lake looking for the carp and bream usually in abundance and for about an hour everyone was busy.
Steve Clark was the only angler who, from the start, went on the long pole. Spraying pellet and caster, a succession of fish found their way into his net.
You may also want to watch:
Soon however, the fish activity slowed down, and a large black cloud started to appear accompanied by thunder. With an hour of the match still to go, as all anglers were using carbon poles the match was stopped on safety grounds just as the storm struck.
A hasty weigh-in saw Graham Carter maintain his challenge with 6.8kg of carp and bream, followed by Tom Mizon with a similar 4.8kg bag, but it was Steve Clark who left the rest in his wake with 11.7kg.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit