Clark signs off in super style
Steve Clark s lead in Saffron Walden Angling Club s Countrystore League was unassailable before last Wednesday night s final leg at Bordeaux Pit, but to put the icing on his cake Steve produced another fine bag of fish to round off a superb series. Drawn
Steve Clark's lead in Saffron Walden Angling Club's Countrystore League was unassailable before last Wednesday night's final leg at Bordeaux Pit, but to put the icing on his cake Steve produced another fine bag of fish to round off a superb series.
Drawn on the narrow neck and fishing worm bait on the pole, Steve soon had the bream in a feeding mood. Tim Nash meanwhile in the big bay also fishing worm on the long pole found the bream, but the large carp were to cause a problem for him with the loss of several large fish.
It was these large carp that eventually would decide the places. Brian Mizon fishing at the car park end landed a couple as did Tom Mizon.
At the weigh in Tim Nash had a total of 6.9kg for runner up on the night, with third going to Brian Mizon with 5.1kg. Out in front once more was Steve Clark with 8.6kg.
You may also want to watch:
The league prize went to Steve Clark with the lowest penalty points score ever in this event. Runner up was Brian Mizon, with son Tom in third place. Fourth overall was Tim Nash followed by Tony Ballaam and Graham Carter.
The winner of the Stan Oxley Memorial for the best result from the last three matches was Dave Porter.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 4 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Stansted author to release second novel
- 9 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail