Clark nets top spot yet again
Former national championship winner Steve Clark again demonstrated his mastery in Saffron Walden Angling Club s Countrystore League held at Bordeaux Pit in Chesterford last Wednesday. Drawn in the middle bay and pole fishing worm and caster with micro-pe
Former national championship winner Steve Clark again demonstrated his mastery in Saffron Walden Angling Club's Countrystore League held at Bordeaux Pit in Chesterford last Wednesday.
Drawn in the middle bay and pole fishing worm and caster with micro-pellet, Steve soon had the fish responding, leaving the others in his wake.
Dave Porter, drawn on the point swim, tried similar tactics and was rewarded with several bream for 4.6kg.
On the next peg, Tony Ballaam also fished pole tactics with worm bait for a 3.7kg haul, but at the final weigh in Steve amazed everyone with an 11.9kg total, more than double the weight of the runner-up for the third match in succession.
You may also want to watch:
At the league half way point Steve has a clear lead with Tom Mizon filling second spot and Graham Carter in third.
The next match is at Westside Farm, Whittlesford, on July 4.
- 1 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 2 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 7 Vulnerable Uttlesford residents set for council tax rate freeze
- 8 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 9 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 10 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe