Clark nets first spot in opener
When Steve Clark drew his peg in the first match of Saffron Walden Angling Club s Countrystore League on Wednesday evening he knew everyone else was looking for second place. His swim on the point at Bordeaux Pit, Great Chesterford, near to the car par
When Steve Clark drew his peg in the first match of Saffron Walden Angling Club's Countrystore League on Wednesday evening he knew everyone else was looking for second place.
His swim on 'the point' at Bordeaux Pit, Great Chesterford, near to the car park, was one of his favourites, but ignoring the cover provided by a fallen tree Steve elected to pole fish at range over a worm and caster base.
Within minutes of the start he was putting bream, roach and crucian carp into his keep net. Conditions for fishing were almost perfect but the fish population appeared unwilling to feed as they sometimes can and whilst some anglers did well others even on normally productive pegs struggled for bites.
This was the case for Tom Mizon who from his island peg tackled the lake's large carp using a margin pole and meat bait landing five double figure fish which with a few small samples gave him 5.5kg total.
You may also want to watch:
His father Brian drawn at peg one boosted his catch of smaller fish by adding two large carp to his total for a 5.2kg weight. But it was the master class given by Steve Clark that everyone was talking about at the end, when he struggled to pull his net from the water to weigh his 13.8kg of fish.
For further information visit www.saffronwaldenac.btik.com
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease