Cima first home at Stebbing’s 10 miler
- Credit: Archant
The vicar of Stebbing, Tim Goodbody, joined the 500 runners taking part in Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ Stebbing 10 mile road race on Remembrance Sunday.
Competitors boosted the congregation at the service at the war memorial, before setting off through the village and along country lanes, returning to finish at Stebbing Primary School.
The race was won by Owen Cima of Thrift Green Trotters in 54 minutes 41 seconds.
Jack Stroud, representing Orion Harriers, was second in 55mins 39secs, with Carwyn Jones of Colchester Harriers Athletic Club third in 55mins 42secs.
The fastest females were Samantha Bilbie in 1hr 5mins 17secs and Kate Mills in 1hr 6mins 0secs, both representing Springfield Striders, with Rebecca White of Saffron Striders third in 1hr 7mins 3secs. Tim Goodbody finished in 2hrs 1min 58secs.
You may also want to watch:
The male age category winners were: MV40 Nick Shasha (Orion Harriers, 56mins 41secs), MV50 Colin Ridley (Colchester Harriers, 59 mins 0secs) and MV60 Bob Langley (Halstead Road Runners, 1hr 11mins 1sec). The female age category winners were: FV35 Fiona Halls (Saffron Striders, 1hr 8mins 24secs), FV45 Michelle Caulfield (Braintree and District Athletic Club, 1hr 12 mins 18secs) and FV55 Sue Spong (Havering’90 Joggers, 1hr 15mins 41secs).
The male team prize went to Orion Harriers and the female team prize to Springfield Striders.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 3 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 4 Raynes Boxing Club duo delighted to return to amateur competition
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles