Chloe Rogers and Co topple South Korea in Olympic warm-up event
THE Great British women’s hockey team’s preparation for London 2012 got off to a great start with a 1-0 win over South Korea.
In their first game on the Olympic hockey pitch a single reverse-stick strike from Alex Danson was enough to separate the teams.
GB’s women were initially under the cosh but goalkeeper Beth Storry kept the scores level with a succession of penalty corner saves.
Britain came back into the game and, after a goalless first half, Danson finally found a way past Korean goalkeeper Moon Younghui, who should have done better.
Han Hyelyoung wasted Korea’s best chance when she dragged her shot wide having split the hosts’ defence midway through the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Korea and Britain are expected to meet in the same pool at London 2012 when the final draw for the Olympic group stage is announced.
In the other women’s group game, Argentina defeated China 3-0. China and GB meet on Thursday, with Argentina playing Britain in a rematch of February’s Champions Trophy final, which Argentina won 1-0 on Saturday.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal