Chloe Rogers and Co topple South Korea in Olympic warm-up event
THE Great British women’s hockey team’s preparation for London 2012 got off to a great start with a 1-0 win over South Korea.
In their first game on the Olympic hockey pitch a single reverse-stick strike from Alex Danson was enough to separate the teams.
GB’s women were initially under the cosh but goalkeeper Beth Storry kept the scores level with a succession of penalty corner saves.
Britain came back into the game and, after a goalless first half, Danson finally found a way past Korean goalkeeper Moon Younghui, who should have done better.
Han Hyelyoung wasted Korea’s best chance when she dragged her shot wide having split the hosts’ defence midway through the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Korea and Britain are expected to meet in the same pool at London 2012 when the final draw for the Olympic group stage is announced.
In the other women’s group game, Argentina defeated China 3-0. China and GB meet on Thursday, with Argentina playing Britain in a rematch of February’s Champions Trophy final, which Argentina won 1-0 on Saturday.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary