Chloe one win from Beijing
Chloe Rogers and the England ladies Hockey team are one victory away from qualifying for the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Chloe, from Barnston, has helped her country to the semi-finals of the EuroHockey Nations Championships in Manchester, where the top three
Chloe Rogers and the England ladies Hockey team are one victory away from qualifying for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Chloe, from Barnston, has helped her country to the semi-finals of the EuroHockey Nations Championships in Manchester, where the top three countries qualify for the games.
England beat Ireland 3-0 and Italy 4-0, before a narrow 1-0 defeat against world champions Holland in the group stages and will now meet old foes Germany today (Thursday).
The 22-year-old is pleased with how the tournament has gone so far, but knows the Germans will prove a stearn test.
You may also want to watch:
"We wanted to get six points in our first two games to get a semi-final spot so we are pleased we managed to do that," she said.
"We were a little disappointed to lose against Holland, but we played well and they haven't been beaten in three years so it's not a bad result.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 6 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
"The tournament has been brilliant and the Euro hockey team have done a superb job. The support and atmosphere has been really good and we even had a band at our first game who are coming back for the semi-final which will be great.
"We have a good rivalry with Germany and although we beat them twice in the World Cup last year a lot has changed since then.
"It should be a good game and we are optimistic. We just need to treat it as any other game and go for the medal, with the Olympic spot a bonus.