Chloe all set for championships
Chloe Rogers has been selected for the England hockey squad for the EuroHockey Nations Championships. The 22-year-old from Barnston, will represent her country at the tournament in Manchester between August 18 and August 25. However, there is no place fo
Chloe Rogers has been selected for the England hockey squad for the EuroHockey
The 22-year-old from Barnston, will represent her country at the tournament in Manchester between August 18 and August 25.
However, there is no place for Chloe's Chelmsford team-mate Lisa Wooding, from Dunmow, who has been a regular for the national side for several years, but is struggling with injuries of late.
You may also want to watch:
England will play five games and meet the Netherlands, Ireland and Italy in their pool matches, with Germany, Spain, Ukraine and Azerbaijan in the other pool.
The top three teams will secure qualification for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
Chloe is confident and really looking forward to the tournament.
"I was hoping I'd get selected as I've been in the squad for two years now and I'm really pleased I'm going to be there," she said.
"I can't wait for it to start now. We have been training in Manchester for five days and everything is taking shape up there and it looks brilliant. When it's full there will be a superb atmosphere and the tournament should be awesome.
"It will be the most pressurised tournament I've been at, especially as we didn't qualify for Athens, but we have a great side and have been training hard so fingers crossed we will get that spot in the Olympics.