Chloe all set for championships
Chloe Rogers has been selected for the England hockey squad for the EuroHockey Nations Championships. The 22-year-old from Barnston, will represent her country at the tournament in Manchester between August 18 and August 25. However, there is no place fo
Chloe Rogers has been selected for the England hockey squad for the EuroHockey
The 22-year-old from Barnston, will represent her country at the tournament in Manchester between August 18 and August 25.
However, there is no place for Chloe's Chelmsford team-mate Lisa Wooding, from Dunmow, who has been a regular for the national side for several years, but is struggling with injuries of late.
You may also want to watch:
England will play five games and meet the Netherlands, Ireland and Italy in their pool matches, with Germany, Spain, Ukraine and Azerbaijan in the other pool.
The top three teams will secure qualification for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
Chloe is confident and really looking forward to the tournament.
"I was hoping I'd get selected as I've been in the squad for two years now and I'm really pleased I'm going to be there," she said.
"I can't wait for it to start now. We have been training in Manchester for five days and everything is taking shape up there and it looks brilliant. When it's full there will be a superb atmosphere and the tournament should be awesome.
"It will be the most pressurised tournament I've been at, especially as we didn't qualify for Athens, but we have a great side and have been training hard so fingers crossed we will get that spot in the Olympics.