Chequers take over at top of table
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Chequers took over at the top of the Ridley League with a 12-3 win at defending champions Chelmsford Black Bull.
The Felsted team showed their all-round strength and took the first four darts singles.
Del Kochan led a fightback in vain for the hosts, as Chequers capped a fine night with a 6-0 whitewash in the dominoes.
Compasses moved up to second as a dommies whitewash helped them overturn their home clash with the Dog & Partridge.
Mick Cain’s team took the main darts 6-1, but didn’t win another point as Compasses’ Dan Taylor hit a 180 and team-mate Chris Cook a 171.
You may also want to watch:
Birds captain Hazel Rolfe got a team together after last week’s disappointment, only to lose 10-5 at Margaretting, to the “original” Bull.
The hosts, with ex-men’s singles champ Les Atkins back in action, dominated the darts, but the visitors threatened a real dominoes upset as they led 3-0, only to lose the last three games.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 10 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
Results: Black Bull Chelmsford 3, Chequers 12 (darts 3-4, mixed 0-1, women 0-1, dominoes 0-6); Black Bull Margaretting 10, Black Bull Birds 5 (6-1, 1-0, 0-1, 3-3); Compasses 9, Dog & Partridge 6 (1-6, 1-0, 1-0, 6-0).