Chequers take over at top of table
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Chequers took over at the top of the Ridley League with a 12-3 win at defending champions Chelmsford Black Bull.
The Felsted team showed their all-round strength and took the first four darts singles.
Del Kochan led a fightback in vain for the hosts, as Chequers capped a fine night with a 6-0 whitewash in the dominoes.
Compasses moved up to second as a dommies whitewash helped them overturn their home clash with the Dog & Partridge.
Mick Cain’s team took the main darts 6-1, but didn’t win another point as Compasses’ Dan Taylor hit a 180 and team-mate Chris Cook a 171.
You may also want to watch:
Birds captain Hazel Rolfe got a team together after last week’s disappointment, only to lose 10-5 at Margaretting, to the “original” Bull.
The hosts, with ex-men’s singles champ Les Atkins back in action, dominated the darts, but the visitors threatened a real dominoes upset as they led 3-0, only to lose the last three games.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 7 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
Results: Black Bull Chelmsford 3, Chequers 12 (darts 3-4, mixed 0-1, women 0-1, dominoes 0-6); Black Bull Margaretting 10, Black Bull Birds 5 (6-1, 1-0, 0-1, 3-3); Compasses 9, Dog & Partridge 6 (1-6, 1-0, 1-0, 6-0).