Castle signs two to strengthen squad
TWO new signings have joined Takeley FC as boss Steve Castle looks to strengthen his squad for one final push towards the end of the season.
Ex-Tottenham Hotspur trainee John Addi, who played under Castle while he was at St Albans, is hoping to be involved in the Station Road outfit’s next league game against Enfield 1893 on Tuesday (February 7).
The centre forward will be joined by fellow young gun Scott Traveller, a midfielder who was part of Bishop’s Stortford’s academy.
Castle said yesterday (Wednesday) that there was a chance Traveller could make his debut in the first leg of last night’s league cup quarter-final match at Bowers and Pitsea.
“Both players are young lads who can come in and help us push on. We have not done anything wrong recently and have had a cracking record either side of Christmas,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“The quarter-final against Bowers and Pitsea is a great opportunity for us to win some silverware so we will be looking to progress like we would in any other competition.”
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 8 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow