Castle Camps taken off top
Castle Camps Cock were knocked off the top of the Saffron Walden & District Ladies Dart League after a defeat at home to Axe. The first four games were shared before a winning six leg run saw a surprise result as the visitors won the final three games to
Castle Camps Cock were knocked off the top of the Saffron Walden & District Ladies Dart League after a defeat at home to Axe.
The first four games were shared before a winning six leg run saw a surprise result as the visitors won the final three games to win the match 5 - 2.
With the Castle Camps Cock losing, the Crocus went top of the league as they whitewashed the Cross Keys. However the score line did not show how close the individual games were, as each one was won by two legs to one.
The Conservative Club were at home against Ickleton Social Club. Home team players Pat Hunt (114 in) and Lisa Perry (122 in), both got off to good starts in their games, but only Lisa could turn the good start in to a win.
The home team lost the first three games but then came storming back to win the next three to set up a sudden death final game. In a close game it was the visitors who held their nerve to win the game and the match 4-3.
The White Lion played host to Waggon & Horses A and the visitors got off to a flying start winning the first two games. The White Lion then came back strongly to win the next four before the visitors recorded a consolation win in the last game to give a final 4-3 score line in favour of the home team.
- 1 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 4 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 5 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 10 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
The final game saw the Waggon & Horses B travelling to the Longbow. In another close match everything hinged on the final game.
Louise Tanner and Helen Trundley held on to win the deciding leg against Shelly Gregoire and Irene Giles to give the home team a 4-3 win.