Castle Camps taken off top
Castle Camps Cock were knocked off the top of the Saffron Walden & District Ladies Dart League after a defeat at home to Axe. The first four games were shared before a winning six leg run saw a surprise result as the visitors won the final three games to
Castle Camps Cock were knocked off the top of the Saffron Walden & District Ladies Dart League after a defeat at home to Axe.
The first four games were shared before a winning six leg run saw a surprise result as the visitors won the final three games to win the match 5 - 2.
With the Castle Camps Cock losing, the Crocus went top of the league as they whitewashed the Cross Keys. However the score line did not show how close the individual games were, as each one was won by two legs to one.
The Conservative Club were at home against Ickleton Social Club. Home team players Pat Hunt (114 in) and Lisa Perry (122 in), both got off to good starts in their games, but only Lisa could turn the good start in to a win.
You may also want to watch:
The home team lost the first three games but then came storming back to win the next three to set up a sudden death final game. In a close game it was the visitors who held their nerve to win the game and the match 4-3.
The White Lion played host to Waggon & Horses A and the visitors got off to a flying start winning the first two games. The White Lion then came back strongly to win the next four before the visitors recorded a consolation win in the last game to give a final 4-3 score line in favour of the home team.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
The final game saw the Waggon & Horses B travelling to the Longbow. In another close match everything hinged on the final game.
Louise Tanner and Helen Trundley held on to win the deciding leg against Shelly Gregoire and Irene Giles to give the home team a 4-3 win.