Byfords secure Hatfield Bowl at Gosfield Lake
- Credit: Archant
Margaret and Roger Byford won the Hatfield Bowl at Gosfield Lake’s bank holiday mixed golf event.
This year the event was a golf endurance test when the rain fell heavily during the opening holes and became showery for the remainder of the American Greensomes competition.
Despite the weather there were some outstanding scores.
In first place with a points total of 41 was the Byfords.
Second by only two points was Mick Burke and partner Cathy Hatcher on 38 points.
You may also want to watch:
Third place, a further point in arrears, was Barrie Schulz and Claire Barke.
The best front nine score prize was won by Tony and Sarah Frost.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 10 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
The best back nine was won by club captain Geoff Powdrill playing with lady captain Georgina Penketh.
Nearest the pins were Mick Burke on the 17th, Malachy Shields on the 2nd and Jackie Henley on the 8th.
The presentation of prizes and the trophy was made by club chairman Mike O’Shea who sponsored them.