Byfords secure Hatfield Bowl at Gosfield Lake
- Credit: Archant
Margaret and Roger Byford won the Hatfield Bowl at Gosfield Lake’s bank holiday mixed golf event.
This year the event was a golf endurance test when the rain fell heavily during the opening holes and became showery for the remainder of the American Greensomes competition.
Despite the weather there were some outstanding scores.
In first place with a points total of 41 was the Byfords.
Second by only two points was Mick Burke and partner Cathy Hatcher on 38 points.
You may also want to watch:
Third place, a further point in arrears, was Barrie Schulz and Claire Barke.
The best front nine score prize was won by Tony and Sarah Frost.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 8 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
The best back nine was won by club captain Geoff Powdrill playing with lady captain Georgina Penketh.
Nearest the pins were Mick Burke on the 17th, Malachy Shields on the 2nd and Jackie Henley on the 8th.
The presentation of prizes and the trophy was made by club chairman Mike O’Shea who sponsored them.