Byfords secure Hatfield Bowl at Gosfield Lake
- Credit: Archant
Margaret and Roger Byford won the Hatfield Bowl at Gosfield Lake’s bank holiday mixed golf event.
This year the event was a golf endurance test when the rain fell heavily during the opening holes and became showery for the remainder of the American Greensomes competition.
Despite the weather there were some outstanding scores.
In first place with a points total of 41 was the Byfords.
Second by only two points was Mick Burke and partner Cathy Hatcher on 38 points.
You may also want to watch:
Third place, a further point in arrears, was Barrie Schulz and Claire Barke.
The best front nine score prize was won by Tony and Sarah Frost.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 8 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 9 Take a look at Great Dunmow's very own secret garden
- 10 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
The best back nine was won by club captain Geoff Powdrill playing with lady captain Georgina Penketh.
Nearest the pins were Mick Burke on the 17th, Malachy Shields on the 2nd and Jackie Henley on the 8th.
The presentation of prizes and the trophy was made by club chairman Mike O’Shea who sponsored them.