Athletics: Busy weekend for Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners enjoyed a busy weekend of racing.
Ni Moss took on the 50-mile Lakes In A Day event, which covers 4000m from the top of the Lake District at Caldbeck to the bottom at Cartmel.
Taking in summits of Blencathra, Helvellyn and Fairfield and descending to Ambleside to follow Windermere, Moss was 16th of 93 women in 15:07.
Wet, muddy conditions greeted runners at the Essex Cross-Country League at Laindon Hill, as Claire Hall (12th), Philippa Robinson (19th) and Jenny Suckling (101st) led the women to seventh in Division Two.
The men were seventh in Division One as Connor Johnson (67th), Dan Reynolds (70th), Matt Bainbridge (78th), Josh Sowman (84th), Matt Webster (124th), Luca Predebon (128th), Alan Fullerton (176th) and Simon King (205th) ran.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday saw members in action at the Tiptree 10, a club championship race, where Karen Pickering won her category in 1;13.12.
Dan Reynolds (1:03.45), Ashwin Shah (1:07.57), Martin Atkinson (1:14.30), Alan Fullerton (1;14.59), Colin Jackson (1:20.15), Louise Garrett (1:38.04), Heidi Hibbett (1:40.27) and Glenda Jackson (1:43.18) were also in action.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 4 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Stansted author to release second novel
- 9 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
Meanwhile, Anthony Karas (1:38.37), Gillian Robertson (1:48.01) and Ed Chater (1:52.47) completed the Royal Parks half marathon and Lee Prowse ran the Saffron Striders Fast 5 event in 35.14.