Bullock joins Watters’ men from Aveley
Takeley have moved to strengthen their squad by signing Chris Bullock on loan from Ryman League side Aveley. The forward made an impressive start to life at Station Road, scoring the equaliser in Saturday s draw with Manford Way. Manager Don Watters feels
Takeley have moved to strengthen their squad by signing Chris Bullock on loan from Ryman League side Aveley.
The forward made an impressive start to life at Station Road, scoring the equaliser in Saturday's draw with Manford Way.
Manager Don Watters feels the youngster will be a valuable asset to the club.
"I picked him up playing Sunday football and he played for me and Sawbridgeworth," said Watters.
You may also want to watch:
"He showed good prospects and when I left he went with Rod Stringer to Barking and then with him to Aveley.
"He got a bad injury and then couldn't get back into the side so I told Rod I'd take him.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
"Sawbo offered him good money to go there, but he wanted to join us which says a lot about the club and the way we are going.
"He is 6ft 2in, quick, good in the air and holds the ball up and brings others into it.
"He had a good game on Saturday and all of the committee raved about him afterwards. He certainly did his job on his debut.
"He is here for an initial six weeks, but I'm hoping to keep him permanently. I hope he will enjoy it and want to stay.