Bridgman is the king of Castle
Tim Bridgman extended his lead in the Visma Formula Palmer Audi Championship after the latest round of the 20-race series on Sunday. The Dunmow driver, 22, drove his Laser Skoda single-seater to first and second places in rounds 12 and 13 respectively at
Tim Bridgman extended his lead in the Visma Formula Palmer Audi Championship after the latest round of the 20-race series on Sunday.
The Dunmow driver, 22, drove his Laser Skoda single-seater to first and second places in rounds 12 and 13 respectively at the demanding 1.85-mile Castle Combe circuit, near Chippenham in Wiltshire.
Bridgman snatched the lead from pole-sitter Jack Clarke off the start in race one, but had to fend off a chasing pack for the entire 19 laps.
"I ended up costing myself a lot of time in the race because I was being pushed quite hard," said Bridgman. "I went straight on at the first chicane all by myself. I was pretty lucky to win really because it was very hectic."
You may also want to watch:
In race two, Bridgman survived a tangle with Jolyon Palmer. "Jolyon put his car's nose up the inside of my car and hit my rear right," he said.
"There's on-board footage so that will sort it out but I'm fighting for the championship so I'm not going to take unnecessary risks with Jolyon who isn't."
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 8 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
Rounds 14 and 15 of the FPA championship will be at Oulton Park on August 11.