Braintree Town: Search for a new manager ‘will end on Friday’
OVER 100 people have applied to be the next manager of Braintree Town after boss Rod Stringer quit just weeks after promotion to the Blue Square Premier League.
Despite the club reaching the top tier of non-league football for the first time in 113 years, Stringer left over financial wrangles, including a car to travel to away matches.
Since then applications have been flooding in – over 70 arrived within 48 hours of the job being advertised – but the club will not be rushed into a decision.
A statement from the Irons said: “The intention at this time is to draw up a short list of suitable candidates and to then interview a short list of candidates. It is hoped that the club will be in a position to announce the new manager on Friday, May 20.”
So far Grays Athletic boss and ex-West Ham legend Julian Dicks has been touted for the job, alongside Steve Tilson (ex-Southend).
Braintree kick off their premier adventure on August 13, 2011, and a higher status on the FA ladder gets them a bye to the fourth qualifying round of the FA cup – just one win away from potentially playing football league opponents in the first round proper.
WHO do you think is favourite to land the job? Will you be following the Irons next year? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 Parishes join forces to oppose 'unsustainable' housing idea near Hatfield Heath
- 4 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 7 Uttlesford elects its first female leader in council's 47-year history
- 8 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 10 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners host returning cross country league