Braintree Town: Search for a new manager ‘will end on Friday’
OVER 100 people have applied to be the next manager of Braintree Town after boss Rod Stringer quit just weeks after promotion to the Blue Square Premier League.
Despite the club reaching the top tier of non-league football for the first time in 113 years, Stringer left over financial wrangles, including a car to travel to away matches.
Since then applications have been flooding in – over 70 arrived within 48 hours of the job being advertised – but the club will not be rushed into a decision.
A statement from the Irons said: “The intention at this time is to draw up a short list of suitable candidates and to then interview a short list of candidates. It is hoped that the club will be in a position to announce the new manager on Friday, May 20.”
So far Grays Athletic boss and ex-West Ham legend Julian Dicks has been touted for the job, alongside Steve Tilson (ex-Southend).
You may also want to watch:
Braintree kick off their premier adventure on August 13, 2011, and a higher status on the FA ladder gets them a bye to the fourth qualifying round of the FA cup – just one win away from potentially playing football league opponents in the first round proper.
WHO do you think is favourite to land the job? Will you be following the Irons next year? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 4 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 9 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford