Braintree Town: Devonshire signs up seven more as squad returns to training
PLAYERS at Braintree Town have reported back for duty, as Alan Devonshire continues to assemble his squad
Football – Blue Square Premier League
PLAYERS at Braintree Town have reported back for duty, as Alan Devonshire continues to assemble his squad ahead of a first season in the top flight of non-league football.
The Cressing Road outfit began pre-season training on Thursday evening and amongst the ranks were six of last year’s Blue Square South league winners.
Signing up for another year with The Iron are Nicky Symons, Matt Paine, Kenny Davis, Scott Shulton, Sam Lechmere and Ryan Peters.
You may also want to watch:
Devonshire has also secured a new name in the shape of 23-year-old defender David Stevens from Hampton & Richmond Borough.
“The lads have worked hard in their first session and they’ve all looked after themselves during the summer. It’s great that David has joined the club and that so many of last season’s squad have decided to stay with us.”
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 8 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
More good news was the return to training of forward Jamie Guy. The popular 23-year old striker played an active part in yesterday’s session and is working hard with physio Steve Gracie on his rehabilitation.
Devonshire added: “Jamie’s working hard and will be included as soon as he feels ready. When you think what he’s been through over the past few months, his attitude has been superb.”
One player has departed the club however. 30-year-old striker Cliff Akurang has decided to remain in regional football.