Braintree Town: Devonshire signs up important duo
AHEAD of a first-ever season in the Blue Square Premier League, Braintree Town manager Alan Devonshire has already moved to secure staff and players.
Iron’s last season 25-goal hero Sean Marks has signed a one-year contract to boost the club’s outlook for the news season.
Devonshire said: “There’s no doubting it, Sean was a real handful for all defences last season and 25 goals for any striker is a great return. I’m delighted he’s with us for another year.”
Marks, who was included in the Blue Square South team of the year, added: “I’ve enjoyed three years and I’ve been well looked after. There’s a real buzz here and I’m really looking forward to the challenge of the premier.”
A chuffed Devonshire also has the services of last season’s “highly respected” assistant manager Keith Rowlands, who returns to complete a management team.
You may also want to watch:
Rowlands said: “We’ve all earned the right for a crack at the premier. We’ve some great lads and we’ll be looking to build and strengthen in key areas.”
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge