Braintree Town: Devonshire signs up important duo
AHEAD of a first-ever season in the Blue Square Premier League, Braintree Town manager Alan Devonshire has already moved to secure staff and players.
Iron’s last season 25-goal hero Sean Marks has signed a one-year contract to boost the club’s outlook for the news season.
Devonshire said: “There’s no doubting it, Sean was a real handful for all defences last season and 25 goals for any striker is a great return. I’m delighted he’s with us for another year.”
Marks, who was included in the Blue Square South team of the year, added: “I’ve enjoyed three years and I’ve been well looked after. There’s a real buzz here and I’m really looking forward to the challenge of the premier.”
A chuffed Devonshire also has the services of last season’s “highly respected” assistant manager Keith Rowlands, who returns to complete a management team.
You may also want to watch:
Rowlands said: “We’ve all earned the right for a crack at the premier. We’ve some great lads and we’ll be looking to build and strengthen in key areas.”
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 7 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed