Bowlers set to star for Essex
FOUR members of Dunmow bowling Club had a vital win on Saturday and will now represent Essex in the All England County Competition at Worthing in August. The team got to the semi-final by beating teams from all over Essex over the last three months and me
FOUR members of Dunmow bowling Club had a vital win on Saturday and will now represent Essex in the All England County Competition at Worthing in August.
The team got to the semi-final by beating teams from all over Essex over the last three months and met Pegasus Bowling club from Corringham in the semi-final at the Essex County ground on Saturday.
Peter Maynard, the club president, played lead; Martin Spencer was two. Graham Easterbrook was three and Derrick Rayment played skip.
The weather was very hot when the game started, but Dunmow got down to the job in hand straight away and started to pull away from Corringham with some tight bowling.
You may also want to watch:
Corringham raised their game and came to within one shot behind by the 18th end. Dunmow held their nerve and won the game by four shots, 20-16.
Dunmow Bowling Club is having a good year with teams still in all the major Essex and North-West Essex competitions.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
This is the last season that Dunmow will be playing on their present ground in the middle of Dunmow, because they are moving to a new clubhouse and green in St Edmonds Lane.
Anyone that would like to learn how to bowl can go down to the club on Monday, Wednesday or Friday night and meet a committee member or one of the qualified coaches for more information.