Boccia: Dan Bentley crowned singles champion
DUNMOW’S Dan Bentley had success in the singles event at the International Boccia Trophy in Barcelona.
DUNMOW’S Dan Bentley had success in the singles event at the International Boccia Trophy in Barcelona, to ignite his push for a World Cup and Paralympic Team GB place.
In the opening rounds he fought off the challenge of Russia and Catalan with 4-2 and 6-1 wins and progressed to the semi-final against Spain.
After making a quick start he won 6-2 and after another finalist withdrew Bentley was crowned singles champion on points difference.
He said: “It was a great weekend for me, not just with the result but how I played with confidence and control. The semi was a bench mark for me because he was a top 20 world player and to beat him how I did was fantastic. Hopefully this has helped me in selection for the World Cup and I can take confidence from this.”
You may also want to watch:
In the three way them event Bentley helped GB beat Russia 10-0 and Catalan 8-5 to claim victory.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert