Bloods ready for Cup test
Saffron Walden set off on the long road to Wembley on Saturday, when they host Wooton Blues Cross in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round. The United Counties Premier Division side are sure to prove a stiff test for the Bloods who will be looking to do as w
Saffron Walden set off on the long road to Wembley on Saturday, when they host Wooton Blues Cross in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round.
The United Counties Premier Division side are sure to prove a stiff test for the Bloods who will be looking to do as well as last season when they defeated Harlow Town and took Hitchin all the way to penalties after a replay.
Assistant manger John Butchart can't wait for the clash and is hoping for a big crowd at Catons Lane.
"We had 200 there at the weekend and if we get the same this week cheering us on it will be nice," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a glamour competition and it's great to be involved at our level.
"We did really well last year and it will be great if we can do as well as that again.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 9 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 10 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
"It will be nice to get through a few rounds and enjoy a good cup run, but the league is our main priority this season."
The assistant manager revealed the game has attracted a lot of interest already, with the club turning down a request from a BBC film crew in the run up to the tie, which will see £500 awarded to the winners.
"BBC Cambridge wanted to come down and film the players on Friday night," said Butchart.
"I would much rather have them focused on Saturday though, rather than posing for the cameras."
The Bloods will be without Brad Green, Greg Strong and Dean Godden for the clash which kicks-off at 3pm.