Bloods ready for Cup test
Saffron Walden set off on the long road to Wembley on Saturday, when they host Wooton Blues Cross in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round. The United Counties Premier Division side are sure to prove a stiff test for the Bloods who will be looking to do as w
Saffron Walden set off on the long road to Wembley on Saturday, when they host Wooton Blues Cross in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round.
The United Counties Premier Division side are sure to prove a stiff test for the Bloods who will be looking to do as well as last season when they defeated Harlow Town and took Hitchin all the way to penalties after a replay.
Assistant manger John Butchart can't wait for the clash and is hoping for a big crowd at Catons Lane.
"We had 200 there at the weekend and if we get the same this week cheering us on it will be nice," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a glamour competition and it's great to be involved at our level.
"We did really well last year and it will be great if we can do as well as that again.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 5 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 8 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
"It will be nice to get through a few rounds and enjoy a good cup run, but the league is our main priority this season."
The assistant manager revealed the game has attracted a lot of interest already, with the club turning down a request from a BBC film crew in the run up to the tie, which will see £500 awarded to the winners.
"BBC Cambridge wanted to come down and film the players on Friday night," said Butchart.
"I would much rather have them focused on Saturday though, rather than posing for the cameras."
The Bloods will be without Brad Green, Greg Strong and Dean Godden for the clash which kicks-off at 3pm.