Barrett grabs winner for Takeley at Sawbridgeworth
- Credit: Archant
A silky piece of skill from Takeley match-winner Reece Barrett helped his side beat Sawbridgeworth Town 3-2 on Tuesday and return to the top of the table.
Having blown a two-goal lead and been pegged back to 2-2 in the Essex Senior League clash, Barrett’s intervention earned a triumph for his side.
Faced with three defenders, he performed a Zidane pirouette on the edge of the box at the Crofters End Stadium.
The move saw him glide between two opponents before evading the challenge of the third as he slotted past keeper Matt Pointer for the second-half winner.
The three points, against manager Marc Das’ former side, moved Takeley back to the top of the table above Waltham Forest.
You may also want to watch:
Takeley had flown out of the blocks in the clash as two Charlie Cole goals in the opening five minutes put them in control.
However, by the break the scores were level as Gavin Cockman and George Tubey both netted with headers for the hosts.
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 5 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 6 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 7 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
The second half witnessed Barrett’s fine effort as Takeley remain unbeaten while for Sawbridgeworth it was a third consecutive defeat.
It was the second time the two had played already in the league this season having played out a 1-1 draw on August 13.
On Saturday Takeley host Hullbridge Sports, who they beat 2-0 on the opening day of the season, in a league clash at Station Road.