Barrett grabs winner for Takeley at Sawbridgeworth
- Credit: Archant
A silky piece of skill from Takeley match-winner Reece Barrett helped his side beat Sawbridgeworth Town 3-2 on Tuesday and return to the top of the table.
Having blown a two-goal lead and been pegged back to 2-2 in the Essex Senior League clash, Barrett’s intervention earned a triumph for his side.
Faced with three defenders, he performed a Zidane pirouette on the edge of the box at the Crofters End Stadium.
The move saw him glide between two opponents before evading the challenge of the third as he slotted past keeper Matt Pointer for the second-half winner.
The three points, against manager Marc Das’ former side, moved Takeley back to the top of the table above Waltham Forest.
You may also want to watch:
Takeley had flown out of the blocks in the clash as two Charlie Cole goals in the opening five minutes put them in control.
However, by the break the scores were level as Gavin Cockman and George Tubey both netted with headers for the hosts.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary
The second half witnessed Barrett’s fine effort as Takeley remain unbeaten while for Sawbridgeworth it was a third consecutive defeat.
It was the second time the two had played already in the league this season having played out a 1-1 draw on August 13.
On Saturday Takeley host Hullbridge Sports, who they beat 2-0 on the opening day of the season, in a league clash at Station Road.