Barnston lose out to Coggeshall Town Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Barnston went down 3-2 to second in the table Coggeshall Town Reserves in the Essex and Suffolk Border League Premier Division following the departure of their second manager of the season.
After Simon Kingdon’s exit, Eddie Coomber and Andy Bezant took the reins to try and steer the team in the right direction.
Things started well for them as they took a 15th minute lead as Lee Glynn headed in Ben Wilkes’ free-kick.
With confidence up, Barnston broke down the attacks of the home side and became effective down the flanks as they caught Coggeshall on the counter attack several times.
However, they were unable to beat the Coggeshall keeper who pulled off save after save as Barnston kept knocking on the door.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts got back on level terms on the stroke of half-time following a counter-attack.
Barnston replied and caused Coggeshall plenty of problems.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 9 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
They forced some corners, but were unable to make them count.
The away side were made to pay for not levelling as Coggeshall hit a third following a cross from the left.
Barnston were still not perturbed as they continued to press forward.
They found a way back into the game as Connor Pinch beat the right-back, played a neat one two with Chris Hill, and took the ball past two other defenders before smashing the ball into the net for 3-2.
Barnston continued to press hard with a few minutes remaining, they won a corner, but could not convert.
Coggeshall tried desperately to keep the lead and ran the ball into the corners to run the clock down as they held out for the three points.
Barnston are next in action on Saturday as they visit West Bergholt.