Barnston lose out to Coggeshall Town Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Barnston went down 3-2 to second in the table Coggeshall Town Reserves in the Essex and Suffolk Border League Premier Division following the departure of their second manager of the season.
After Simon Kingdon’s exit, Eddie Coomber and Andy Bezant took the reins to try and steer the team in the right direction.
Things started well for them as they took a 15th minute lead as Lee Glynn headed in Ben Wilkes’ free-kick.
With confidence up, Barnston broke down the attacks of the home side and became effective down the flanks as they caught Coggeshall on the counter attack several times.
However, they were unable to beat the Coggeshall keeper who pulled off save after save as Barnston kept knocking on the door.
The hosts got back on level terms on the stroke of half-time following a counter-attack.
Barnston replied and caused Coggeshall plenty of problems.
- 1 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Dunmow Rovers Youth FC get £1,000 donation for new kits
- 8 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 9 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 10 High Easter hit Legends with second-half goal blitz
They forced some corners, but were unable to make them count.
The away side were made to pay for not levelling as Coggeshall hit a third following a cross from the left.
Barnston were still not perturbed as they continued to press forward.
They found a way back into the game as Connor Pinch beat the right-back, played a neat one two with Chris Hill, and took the ball past two other defenders before smashing the ball into the net for 3-2.
Barnston continued to press hard with a few minutes remaining, they won a corner, but could not convert.
Coggeshall tried desperately to keep the lead and ran the ball into the corners to run the clock down as they held out for the three points.
Barnston are next in action on Saturday as they visit West Bergholt.