Barnston end league season on high note
Basildon Town 1 Barnston 2 Barnston completed their season with a victory at Basildon in the Essex Olympian League Senior Division Three. The visitors started strongly and took the lead when Paul Cranfield finished off a good move to shoot past the home k
Basildon Town 1 Barnston 2
Barnston completed their season with a victory at Basildon in the Essex Olympian League Senior Division Three.
The visitors started strongly and took the lead when Paul Cranfield finished off a good move to shoot past the home keeper.
Playing some good passing football Barnston outplayed Town, but let in Basildon just before the break when a cross was met by Daniel Aston whose brave header found the net.
The second half saw Basildon come more into the game, but Barnston held firm and it was them that found a breakthrough when Paul Layzell beat two defenders before firing in the winning goal.
- Barnston held their presentation evening on Saturday with Lee Crisp winning the player of the year award and Dan Fisher the players' player of the year.
- 1 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 2 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 3 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 4 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 5 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 10 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
The reserve player of the year went to Dan O'Brian with reserve players' player of the year to Dave Canning, while young player went to Matt Smith and top goal scorer to Graeme Turner. John Turner picked up the clubman award.