Barnston end league season on high note
Basildon Town 1 Barnston 2 Barnston completed their season with a victory at Basildon in the Essex Olympian League Senior Division Three. The visitors started strongly and took the lead when Paul Cranfield finished off a good move to shoot past the home k
Basildon Town 1 Barnston 2
Barnston completed their season with a victory at Basildon in the Essex Olympian League Senior Division Three.
The visitors started strongly and took the lead when Paul Cranfield finished off a good move to shoot past the home keeper.
Playing some good passing football Barnston outplayed Town, but let in Basildon just before the break when a cross was met by Daniel Aston whose brave header found the net.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Basildon come more into the game, but Barnston held firm and it was them that found a breakthrough when Paul Layzell beat two defenders before firing in the winning goal.
- Barnston held their presentation evening on Saturday with Lee Crisp winning the player of the year award and Dan Fisher the players' player of the year.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
The reserve player of the year went to Dan O'Brian with reserve players' player of the year to Dave Canning, while young player went to Matt Smith and top goal scorer to Graeme Turner. John Turner picked up the clubman award.