Barnston AFC name new reserve team manager
BARNSTON AFC have this week confirmed the appointment of Mick Cohen as the club’s new reserve team manager.
Mick joins the club from Essex Senior League club Takeley, where he ran the youth team for a number of years, while assistant manager Will Green rejoins the club from Stansted.
The aim is to allow the senior section of the club to work as one unit. The reserve team will also be looking to develop the young players, giving them game time before pushing them to the first team.
This week also saw Barnston receive the Essex Olympian League Sportsmanship Club Award. Both the first team and reserve teams finished top of their sportsmanship tables, earning the club the overall award.
Barnston chairman Bob Tyler is also to receive a long service award from the Essex FA at the end of July. Bob has been involved with the club for more than 40 years.
Barnston’s first and reserve teams will start training on Tuesday and will be competing in the Essex and Suffolk Border League. Anyone who wishes to join the club can contact first team manager Leighton Williams on 07828 063784 or visit the website www.barnstonafc.co.uk
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 8 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Chelmsford: Safety improvements planned at roundabout after Thaxted man dies