Barnston AFC name new reserve team manager
BARNSTON AFC have this week confirmed the appointment of Mick Cohen as the club’s new reserve team manager.
Mick joins the club from Essex Senior League club Takeley, where he ran the youth team for a number of years, while assistant manager Will Green rejoins the club from Stansted.
The aim is to allow the senior section of the club to work as one unit. The reserve team will also be looking to develop the young players, giving them game time before pushing them to the first team.
This week also saw Barnston receive the Essex Olympian League Sportsmanship Club Award. Both the first team and reserve teams finished top of their sportsmanship tables, earning the club the overall award.
Barnston chairman Bob Tyler is also to receive a long service award from the Essex FA at the end of July. Bob has been involved with the club for more than 40 years.
You may also want to watch:
Barnston’s first and reserve teams will start training on Tuesday and will be competing in the Essex and Suffolk Border League. Anyone who wishes to join the club can contact first team manager Leighton Williams on 07828 063784 or visit the website www.barnstonafc.co.uk
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge