Bank holiday scramble
A KEY date for motorcycle fans and riders has been revealed this week.
The Dunmow Motorcycle Club’s main event of the 2011 season, the annual Scramble at Stebbing, will be held on Bank Holiday Sunday May 1.
The event is for solos and sidecars and the Sidecar racing will include a round of the National Sidecar Support Championships.
Practice is at midday and racing starts at 1.30pm on a track that features many jumps, a tabletop and a good old fashioned mud hole.
The solo event races will be split between a round of the NGR Championship and a solo all-comers event for both juniors and experts.
Secretary Julian Sayer said: “The club is prepared for any potential dust problems with a water cart and pump and the circuit is watered on a little and often basis.”
Admission for the event is �10 for adults, �8 for OAP’s and Children just �1 each, Race Programmes will be available at �1, car parking is free. The Weatherline number for the event is 01371 870123.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 7 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 8 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 9 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
For more information, visit www.121motorsport.co.uk/Dunmow.