Football: Flitch United win again
- Credit: Archant
Flitch United made it two wins in two in the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Premier Division with success against Witham United.
They made a fine start, with Billy Skinner netting two early goals to put them on top.
Skinner struck with a superb 25-yard free-kick, as debutant Levi Gray picked up assists on both goals.
And Flitch scored twice more as Jake Buckland headed the ball back into the danger area from a half-cleared corner for Chris Moore to net with a glancinng header.
Five minutes later, a 40-yard pass from James Clayden found Aaron Collier, who calmly tapped past the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Witham pushed for a reply in the second half, but Flitch held firm, with midfield, defence and goalkeeper Ben Warren combining to preserve their clean sheet for a second week in succession.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners get in plenty of runs before winter begins
- 5 Dunmow Rovers' girls advance in Essex County League Cup
- 6 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 7 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 10 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents