Football: Flitch United win again
- Credit: Archant
Flitch United made it two wins in two in the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Premier Division with success against Witham United.
They made a fine start, with Billy Skinner netting two early goals to put them on top.
Skinner struck with a superb 25-yard free-kick, as debutant Levi Gray picked up assists on both goals.
And Flitch scored twice more as Jake Buckland headed the ball back into the danger area from a half-cleared corner for Chris Moore to net with a glancinng header.
Five minutes later, a 40-yard pass from James Clayden found Aaron Collier, who calmly tapped past the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Witham pushed for a reply in the second half, but Flitch held firm, with midfield, defence and goalkeeper Ben Warren combining to preserve their clean sheet for a second week in succession.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 3 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 4 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 5 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 6 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 7 Four birthday cakes as Florence celebrates her 105th birthday
- 8 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision