Football: Flitch United win again
- Credit: Archant
Flitch United made it two wins in two in the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Premier Division with success against Witham United.
They made a fine start, with Billy Skinner netting two early goals to put them on top.
Skinner struck with a superb 25-yard free-kick, as debutant Levi Gray picked up assists on both goals.
And Flitch scored twice more as Jake Buckland headed the ball back into the danger area from a half-cleared corner for Chris Moore to net with a glancinng header.
Five minutes later, a 40-yard pass from James Clayden found Aaron Collier, who calmly tapped past the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Witham pushed for a reply in the second half, but Flitch held firm, with midfield, defence and goalkeeper Ben Warren combining to preserve their clean sheet for a second week in succession.
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced