Aythorpe Spring back on course
Aythorpe Roding got back to winning ways on Saturday with a seven wicket victory at Springfield in the Mid-Essex League Premier Division. Springfield, batting first, were shot out for just 99 in the 26th over. S Ellis was the hosts top scorer with 52 wit
Aythorpe Roding got back to winning ways on Saturday with a seven wicket victory at Springfield in the Mid-Essex League Premier Division.
Springfield, batting first, were shot out for just 99 in the 26th over. S Ellis was the hosts' top scorer with 52 with Hannah hitting 16.
The Aythorpe bowlers took control with Andy Clarke (4-34 in 12 overs) and Joe Grant (4-25 in 8 overs) causing Springfield problems.
Liam Rosewell and Matt Reeve took the other two wickets.
Aythorpe took just 27 overs to reach their target, with opener Paul Gravatt (33 no), Nick Copper (15), A Mcledd (29) and Graham Milbank (13), all scoring well as Aythorpe finished on 102-3.
D Ellis (1-15), Dance (1-35) and Latimer (1-11), took the wickets for the hosts.
- 1 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 3 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
- 4 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 5 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Dunmow Special and Braintree PCSO among award winners
- 9 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
- 10 There With You This Winter: New scheme for insulation improvements
Aythorpe Roding entertain Hatfield Peverel on Saturday, 1.30pm start.
Aythorpe Roding seconds look certain for promotion from Division 10 and are now looking to win the league outright following their comfortable four wicket victory over Hockley thirds on Saturday.
Batting first, Hockley reached 142-9 in 45 overs, with G Bull (13), A Thompson (16), A Wilks (24) and a late flurry of runs from C Ashdown (18 no), plus 42 extras all contributing.
The wickets were shared between Pete Bennett (3-24 in 12 overs), Sean Darby (2-17 in 8 overs), Graham Reeve (2-28 in 10 overs) and one each for Elliot Reeve and Will Farr.
Aythorpe openers James Reynolds (30) and Dave Brierley (14), gave them a good start. Sean Darby (20) and S Humphries (30), kept the runs flowing.
Roger Kemlo (5 no) and Martin Sully (12 no) came to the crease and took Aythorpe on to 146-6 in 39.2 overs.
Aythorpe Roding seconds travel to Bluehouse seconds on Saturday,
Aythorpe Roding were just one wicket short of victory over Matching Green on Sunday.
Aythorpe batting first, had Joe Grant (74) and Neil Culleton (68), to thank for their total of 209 all out in 38 overs.
The pair put on 108 runs in 15 overs, while earlier, Dave Brierley hit 19.
Matching Green kept a good run rate going with Steve Byford (28), B Franks (30), Charlie Bass (41) and J Franks (24).
A J Ford claimed 3-9 in four overs, C george 2-32 in six overs, Sam Gravatt 1-12 on four overs, Joe Grant 2-15 in six overs and Martin Sully 1-19 in six overs, but Matching held on to a draw, ending on 172-9 in 40 overs.
Aythorpe Roding entertain Sampfords on Sunday, 2pm start.