Aythorpe Roding lose in rain-ruined match
IN WHAT should a been a clash of two of the league’s premier teams, rain played a major role in Aythorpe Roding’s nine-wicket loss to Bentley.
Bentley won the toss and put Aythorpe Roding into bat. After nine overs Aythorpe were 11-1 as the first rain of the afternoon brought play to a halt.
Two or three more interruptions cut short Roding’s innings to 16 overs. By this time they had scored 40-5.
It looked unlikely there would be any more play, but after an early tea, the sun came out and Bentley relentlessly mopped the wicket to ensure a run chase for the hosts.
With the allotted time for Roding’s innings passed, Bentley went into bat and hit 11 from Joe Grant’s first over, although he did take a wicket.
You may also want to watch:
Bentley continued to punish the bowling attack of Grant, Liam Keaney and Ian Bryant and passed the target in 3.1 overs.
Aythorpe Roding entertain Hatfield Peverel on Saturday, 1.30pm start. The second XI travel to Rettendon, 1.30pm start, and the Sunday team host Forest Green, 2pm start.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 3 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 4 Raynes Boxing Club duo delighted to return to amateur competition
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles